Sunday, January 11, 2009

another beginning in the midst

Boston - a city of history, tourists, commerce, students, the Irish, the Italians, the rest of the World, snowy winters, parks, buses, traffic, tunnels, the Red Sox, the homeless, the broken, the hungry, the poor, the abused, the oppressed, the enslaved ... will it be a city of the loving? the caring? the healing? the peacemaker? the giver of food and clothes, but more than just that? will it be a city, can it be a city, where those who claim to follow Jesus really do? start to live the way he lived, and share his love in ways unmistakably greater than anything human!?

Come on brothers and sisters - lets open our eyes, to our own brokenness and our need for grace - and in humility turn to those around us who also are broken and love - really LOVE them.

I embark on a new chapter of adventure - living here in Boston, beginnging an internship with the International Institue of Boston - focusing on human trafficking, working at a bakery (maybe?) and volunteering with EGC and starlight ministries (with the homeless community)... living, loving, seeking beauty in the midst of darkness - I am thankful for so much - I am overwhlemed by so much - I know I cannot do this on my own, in any way that woud be truely beneficial. Where is the balance found of what to invest in fully, and what to say no to?
As I have been learning, positive self-sacrifice involves me caring for myself as well... and being strong in my authentic, real self - as a tool through wich Jesus brings about a piece of his Kingdom.
just a small piece. that is all I am.
James 4:13-17

No comments: