Wednesday, January 28, 2009

life in the south end

I don't know how to rotate this picture... but here are some pictures of the house

living here in the South End of Boston has been an adventure - taking the T and learning the buss routes - meeting the neighbors, and tramping through the ice and snow.

Friends and meetings, and connections - learning about the world of NGOs and community organizations - it is all about relationships and the network of who you know... it is amazing to watch the web unfold.
It can be overwhelming to realize how little I know, or have to offer this community... yet, it is not about me, or even about the broad issues - it is about that one woman who is sitting in her room without the freedom to leave - unable to speak the language, and feeling utterly stuck. She is here in Boston - right down the street - and perhaps she is praying that someone out there will find her, and pull her out of this nightmare.
I want to find her, yet I'm not sure how. that's what I'm learning. and more...

No comments: